Looking for a cool, creamy and chocolatey treat to make? Why not try blending up your own batch of frozen hot chocolate? While it may seem a bit intimidating, frozen hot chocolate is pretty simple to make. (Trust me. I openly admit that I’m one of the least savvy people in the kitchen.) I’ve been wanting to make this frozen treat myself for a long time, so I finally decided to give it a try.
After scouring Pinterest, I found “The Easy Frozen Hot Chocolate” recipe from So Festive! Using it as my blueprint, I made a few adjustments based on what I had available in my kitchen and what I thought might be fun to add. For example, I used Starbucks Via Instant Caffe Mocha mix, since I was out of regular hot chocolate mix and I threw in some Hershey’s Kisses for some extra chocolate flavor. I also used less ice than the original recipe called for. It was easy with very little prep and cook time. As for the results? Absolutely delicious!
Here is the final recipe I ended up with. Play around and make your own adjustments to create your own version. (Be sure to share your results below or on Facebook, or tweet to @WriteForBoots. I’d love to see them!)
Frozen Hot Chocolate (Makes about 2 servings)
- 1 packet hot chocolate mix
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Ice cubes (I used about 8 to 10)
- 5 Hershey’s Kisses
- Whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and chocolate sprinkles if desired
- In a blender, crush up your ice.
- Add in your mix, milk and Hershey kisses and blend until you reach your desired consistency. (If needed, add more milk or ice.)
- Once desired consistency is reached, pour into glasses and top with whipped cream, syrup and sprinkles as desired.